Islands In The Sea

Islands In The Sea

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just Completed: Family Tree

I just finished this work this evening--I've been working on it for a few weeks now. Whereas the last work shows a little more Parrish influence, this one--aside from the rich blue sky--has more of a stylistic nod to one of my other favorite painters, Andrew Wyeth. It's called, Family Tree, and like much of my work, concerns our universal desire to make meaning of our existence. There is some science at play here as well--the subject of time in particular, as I see each of the three women as the same individual existing simultaneously in non-tensed space-time. The "lighthouse as church" shows up here,as it does in several of my pieces--it has just always seemed natural to me join the two.

What do you see?



Family Tree 30x40 acrylic
Available for $1200
James Andrews


Detail of the lighthouse





Detail of figure





Detail of young girl



No comments:

Post a Comment